Gastric By-Pass In Istanbul - TLBS Obezite Kliniği

Gastric By-Pass Surgery

What is Gastric By-Pass?

Gastric By-Pass is the most numerous obesity surgery procedures that has been performed for about 25 years and has been performed in America and many European countries. This method, which aims to reduce both the amount of food taken and the absorption of food, gives effective results in morbidly obese patients. It has been seen as a result of research that there is a clearer and higher rate of solutions to co-morbidities, especially Type 2 Diabetes. All varieties that include some differences in practice such as RNY Gastric By-Pass and Mini Gastric By-Pass are known as the "Gold Standard" in obesity surgery. However, the fact that there are some disadvantages compared to Sleeve Gastrectomy, which is almost equivalent in effectiveness, has led to a decrease in the frequency of insertion and over time, Sleeve Gastrectomy has become a more frequently applied procedure. It is not the first choice for the surgeon due to the fact that it is a longer- lasting, more difficult and experience-intensive procedure, while for the patient the healing process is longer and more laborious and the likelihood of encountering Dumping Syndrome is higher.

How to Perform Gastric By-Pass Surgery?

Gastric By-Pass surgery procedures are performed under general anesthesia and laparoscopic method.If we look at the insertion details:

Roux N-Y Gastric By-Pass

RNY Gastric By-Pass ameliyatı nasıl yapılır?
In the RNY Gastric By-Pass method, the stomach is divided into two parts, one about 10% and the other 90%.The large part is disabled and remains blind stomach in the abdomen. A section of the thin intestine after the gastric outlet is skipped and the bowel is cut. The thin bowel is pulled up from where it is divided and combined into the small part of the stomach by circular staple. The other severed end of the small intestine is connected to the far end of the small intestine, which is joined by the stomach.

Mini Gastric By-Pass

Mini Gastric By-Pass ameliyatı nasıl yapılır?
The stomach is divided into two parts, as in the RNY By-Pass process. The large part of the stomach is disabled. The remaining small part of the stomach is connected about 150-200 cm beyond the thin intestine.

In other words, the difference from RNY Gastric By-Pass is that the intestine is not divided and the process is terminated with a single connection.

In gastric bypass procedures, a very large part of the stomach is disabled, reducing the volume of the stomach, while disabling part of the intestine to reduce absorption is ensured because 60-80% of fat and sugar absorption occurs in this disabled part of the intestine.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram